The Shipco® Type SLC-BFS is an economical method of automating functions on a Shipco® boiler feed unit. The SLC-BFS is used on boiler feed units equipped with a solenoid and used where only level and temperature monitoring is needed. There is no pump control. The SLC-BFS is a programmable NEMA 4X controller featuring a full color touchscreen display. Support for building automation protocols including Modbus and BACnet are available.
The SLC-BFS can monitor receiver status locally and remotely. Continuous level and temperature readings are sent to the SLC-BFS enabling it to perform various functions such as display status, read level set points, signal alarms, and control a make-up valve on a boiler feed unit. External float switches and manual float adjustments are not required.
- Live graphical and numeric indication for water level and temperature via the Shipco® Transmitter.
- Makeup control based on water level (up to 2 solenoid valves).
- Failure indication and protection.
- High-high water alarm indicates overflow.
- High water alarm adds response time.
- Low water alarm adds response time.
- Low-low water alarm indicates makeup failure.
- Low water cutoff protects pumps from running dry.
- High temperature alarm indicates trap or preheat failure.
- High temperature shutoff protects pumps from cavitation (optional). Not beneficial on deaeration units.
- Automatically adds cooling water to maintain operating temperature (optional).
- Alarm ledger automatically logs any irregular operating conditions.
- Loss of sensor signal indicators.
- Specific communication protocol with remote control override capability.
- Factory programmed for the operating conditions of each unit.
- 4-inch full-color touchscreen display
- RS232/RS485 (RJ45 modular jack) port
- Ethernet/LAN port
- microSD card slot
- Protocols: Modbus® RTU, Modbus® TCP, BACnet IP or BACnet MS/TP